Saturday, September 28, 2013

Will Your Wedding Photographer Capture Your Day Your Way?

I am very lucky. I truly love what I do.  One of the reasons I love my job is that I get to work with and meet some of the most talented people in the country.

Just this past week I had the opportunity to meet with, probably, one of the most revered photographers in the special events industry. He was charming, humble and really, really nice. The meeting was very productive and a lot of fun.  We ended up having a conversation about the process and the shots that he chooses to take. Candidly speaking of course.  

This got me thinking about the candid shots that a photographer should or could take.  For instance let's say that something big happens at your wedding like: on the way up to your reception your Grandmother who has severe cataracts, can't really see the stairs on the escalator, miscalculates her step and falls on the escalator. As she falls she takes down your mother and possibly a few others.  Feet dangling- legs in the air- unmentionables showing.  It is a mess! Would you want a photo of this moment? Or would you think that taking the shot was in bad taste? What if your 4 year old nephew sneaks up to the cake and sticks his finger in it, would you want that photo? Or maybe you are so choked with emotion during the ceremony that when you cry the tears completely destroy your makeup and you have black stains dripping down your face; would it be in bad taste for the photographer to take that picture?

I am really curious to know how many people want their photographer to take all the possible shots of both good and bad moments or do you think he should avoid the candids that show you and/or your guests poorly.

Please share your opinion about this topic by leaving a comment or email me directly julia@eventuresinc.net.

If you have any questions or need any information about a specific topic that you need help with let me know.  If you don’t want to leave a comment below you can always email me: Julia@eventuresinc.net or simply visit our website at www.eventuresinc.net.


Grace, Gratitude and Happy Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment