Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wedding Planning Jitters?

One thing I find exists in all my clients is that element of fear. You can’t wait to get engaged. When you meet that certain someone you dream about it for days, weeks and even months- maybe sometimes years. Then he finally proposes. You jump around the room, for 10 minutes screaming you hug you kiss and then…

Once the ring is on and all the calls are made you either go for it full throttle and plan your wedding in a whirlwind or you sit back and wait and then you wait some more. For me, when I got engaged all those years ago I was afraid to make those first phone calls- who do I call, where do I start? Back then Wedding planners were the people in the banquet halls and hotels. We didn’t have the internet.

Today, the world is so different; with the internet, twitter, facebook, etc… the influx of wedding stimuli to your inbox can be so overwhelming. Then you have to deal with all your fears about spending too much money, the fear of finally finding out what things costs, not having a vision or worse yet having an idea that you can’t fulfill because you don’t know how or can’t afford to.

I just find it so interesting that as women we all have that little girl inside us that screams look at me! Till you start to plan your wedding and then that little girl goes- Uh Oh! And wants to just shrink away and run away and hide.

So, to start, I am going to suggest for you to just jump. That’s right take the plunge and just start. Waiting is only going to increase the tension and anxiety. You want to get married right? You want to have a wedding? So what are you waiting for?

“Leap and the net will appear”.

If this was helpful or interesting to you please let me know. Leave a comment. I would love to hear from you and please know I am here to be of service.

Grace, Gratitude and Happy Planning!

5 comments:

  1. It's all worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cal for your input. I guess after 24 years of marriage I would have to agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for the wonderful post. I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cool article about wedding planning. In my view for many a bride and groom, weddings involve more than simply booking a banquet hall for the gala reception and ceremony. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed my post!

    ReplyDelete